[colug-432] IoT devices, IPv6 -- Re: ping on z/VM

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Aug 16 16:26:04 EDT 2017

Links mentioned last night ('Scribbles' asked):

The ESP8266 is a blast to play with and 'cheaper than dirt
off' Amazon

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KE7BA3O/
        a complete project (5 actually) in a box, suitable to
	throwing in a backpack for road-warriors to play with
	at night on consulting gigs back at the motel
                $ 25

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072HBW53G
        unit w on-board display -- basically as above but no
	box and side DHT-11 humidity and temperature sensor,
	breadboard, or wires
		$ 13

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01DK8D4PG/
        a well-stocked nylon bread-boarding experimenters kit,
	with breadboard ready mounting pins on the daughter
	cards
                $ 30

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VSX7KQC/
        Open Machine Vision ready and daughter-card for under
                $ 30

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FVJ8XSU/
        4 'line voltage' AC relays and an ESP
		$10

Jim asked in 'Scribbles' about the Sonoff -- I have been
buying direct from iTead back to at least 2012, and have never
had a bad experience with their product or service (delivery
is 'slow boat from China' of course, but that is fine; if I
need something faster I turn to Amazon, or drive over to
MicroCenter [who stocks part of their line])

https://smile.amazon.com//dp/B06XHH2D9T/
		$11

upstream with projects

http://sonoff.itead.cc/en/