[colug-432] google spam filters eating our threads

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:22:16 EST 2017

On February 12, 2017 at 13:18:04, William Hooper (whooperhsd at gmail.com)
wrote:

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 8:57 AM, Rick Hornsby <richardjhornsby at gmail.com>
wrote:

> A heads up -
>
> The normally very good Google mail spam filters are eating not just
> individual posts to COLUG, but now entire threads are landing there. Not
> cool.

If you use Google mail filters, there is now an option for "Never send it
to Spam" that I have found useful for mailing lists.  It will still display
a message saying it would have sent it to spam, but it goes to the label
and not spam.

Thanks for that! I don't use the gmail web ui much anymore, so I wasn't
even aware this was an option now.