[colug-432] timewarner->spectrum

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Tue Feb 28 11:03:59 EST 2017

On 02/27/2017 11:48 PM, Vince Herried wrote:
> Nagios stopped working on my remote sites.
> Hmmmm My IP address changed days ago, just  now getting around to
> seeing why.

I think I've had maybe two IP address from Time Warner in 15 years.  I
remember they changed it once when they did a major upgrade.  I noticed
some things quit working on 2/23 in the late afternoon.  When I went to
investigate I had a different Spectrum IP address.

> Still no ipv6.
> For one day nearly 2 weeks ago, my download speed went from 16Mb -> 30
> If I recall.
Time Warner has always given me 20% more download than they say.  It was
always around 60 Mbps and now I see it is 71 Mbps!  Unfortunately
speedtest.net says the upload is still 5.9.

Judd