[colug-432] Raspberry Pi help needed

Jeff mac.com jcannell at mac.com
Thu Jan 26 11:03:56 EST 2017

I was looking at it yesterday. I find it hard to believe the case can't
open. It only comes with an 8gig sd card, what if you want to upgrade to
a larger capacity card?

When you are playing around with a Pi3b, I don't think a case is really
necessary... If you need one get a cheap one.

The new pixel OS is probably your best bet for an OS. Puppy Linux should
be good as well. I'd take it back within the 30 days and just get a pi3b

If you want to go really old school you could emulate an Amiga or
AppleII (yes I know this is a linux group)

things you probably have or can get from a friend that you need for your
pi:

-powered micro-USB cord- (I'm using a re-purposed blackberry charger)
either you or someone has got to use this

-old keyboard to plug into usb port

-hdmi cable- these suckers cost way to much- maybe cheaper online

-old school mouse or touchpad.

-any display with hdmi port or use a converter for something you already
have.

-If you buy all the crap new you might as why get an old laptop.

-I just attached my pi to the side of a monitor.

Dunno, just my .02

Now back to trying to configure UBUNTU on my new HP Pavillion.

Good Luck!

Jeff Cannell