[colug-432] February meeting ideas?

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 19:02:47 EST 2017

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Zach Villers <zachvatwork at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ideas for LUG things to do/increase participation;
>
>  - Schedule something at/with Columbus Idea Foundry.

I can help facilitate this.  We _just_ got our Certificate of
Occupancy for the upstairs renovations at the end of last week, so
it's now possible to plan events up in that space again.  We had one
or two meetups upstairs when it was cold and dark, for those that
remember.  Now it's well-lit with insulation, HVAC, classrooms,
conference rooms, a presentation area... definitely a place to hold
COLUG meetings.

We do have a lot of activities scheduled all around the building most
nights of the week, so it will be important to get requests on the
calendar as early as practical.  With some flexibility on days of the
week, there are plenty of opportunities.  With enough advance notice,
specific dates (our traditional last-Wednesdays and last-Saturdays)
are certainly possible.  I'm happy to help make this happen.

There is WiFi, there are bathrooms on the second floor, new water
fountains, an elevator... one thing that has not changed is parking -
there are limited numbers of on-premise parking spaces but street
parking around the entire block is free day and night.  There are also
a couple of watering holes (Land Grant Brewery, Rehab Tavern, and
Strongwater Food and Spirits) for after-meeting tipples, plus the Idea
Foundry is friendly about free beer being served during meetups (i.e.,
someone has to bring it).

-ethan