[colug-432] Failing Hard Drive Mystery

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Thu May 18 23:18:55 EDT 2017

I also run CentOS 7, and I do get that same message when I am swapping
around various USB hard drives.  It usually occurs when I use a USB3
capable enclosure on a USB2 port.  I've seen this both on my Dell Latitude
and Intel server board.  I got this quite a bit when I upgraded to two 4tb
drives in my server and was copying stuff from the old 1tb drive that I had
put in the USB3 enclosure.  I did not see any actual data errors.