[colug-432] WOWWAY vs Spectrum

Peter Stryjewski peter at stryjewski.org
Mon Sep 10 13:08:30 EDT 2018

I can't compare to WOWWAY, because they didn't easily support CableCards
for TV viewing.  However, never had much trouble.  But when I did, I had
the number to the local tech team which bypassed all of the previous
noted bogus troubleshooting.

As of a couple months ago, there were two "networks" for Spectrum/TWC.
The pricing for services on TWC was more than being on the Spectrum
network.  I switched and got faster internet for a lower overall price.
But in typically cable company fashion - they won't let you know there
is a cheaper alternative and will gladly keep taking your money at the
higher rate.   Spectrum is now offering Gigabit speeds, but I use ATT
for the Gig fiber.