[colug-432] Colug can provide resources for best practices in Linux Environments

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Nov 6 17:05:12 EST 2019

On Tue, 5 Nov 2019, Chris Punches wrote:

> We'd need hosting, setup, and a couple moderators to start.  Wikimedia's
> pretty easy to get going and maintain, we'd just need actual hosting and a
> couple physical people.

As I recall, Github has a ready to go wiki (at least markup)
facility, for collaborative documentation writing.

Could I ask that you write a couple of sample chapters, and
share a link on the list?  There is a target to hang content
at, in the COLUG 'brand', at GH already.  Designating a
process for getting a PR 'published' to decorate it with
content is doable

I don't want to splash cold water anywhere, but enthusiasm
wanes, and abandoned content that properly has lived past its
expiration date and should be taken down does not help anyone,
N years from now

Thanks

-- Russ herrold