[colug-432] Fiont Size Problem

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 12 17:36:31 EDT 2019

Thank you for your reply.

Please see below for my responses:

On 10/12/2019 05:01 PM, Rick Hornsby wrote:
> It?s hard to know offhand, but a few questions that might narrow it down.
>
> Where does the problem first appear? When the system *first* boots up?
> That is, during POST but before your OS is loaded? Or is it once the
> OS loads?
During the post process.uring the post process

> If the problem is independent of the OS, are there any BIOS/UEFI
Actually, I upgraded it on the recommendation of ASUS  several months
ago.  It was a disaster because it affected the boot process in that I
had to manually select the boot drive.
> updates available for your board?
ASUS recommended that I go back to the previous BIOS, but I am leary
about doing that and kept the new BIOS.

> Is it just the font/type that?s oversized, or everything?
Everything is over sized, as far as I know.

> What OS+desktop flavor is it? Any recent OS updates installed?
Debian Buster. I manually upgrade on a weekly basis, but not before this
incident.

> On October 12, 2019 at 14:47:00, Stephen P. Molnar
> (s.molnar at sbcglobal.net <mailto:s.molnar at sbcglobal.net>) wrote:
>
>> I am experiencing a font size problem on primary computer.
>>
>> When I rebooted the system it came up with a very large font.
>>
>> The system is an AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor on a ASUS M5A97
>> R2.0 motherboard.
>>
>> I have no idea as to what happened or what is wrong and will geatly
>> appreiate any guidance.
>>
>> Thansk in advanced.
>>
>> --
>> Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.