[colug-432] Care and feeding of distro packages

Damien Calloway damiencalloway at fastmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:31:53 EDT 2021

Hello !

I am seriously considering adopting an orphaned Debian package called
Qtile. (Yeah, I know, some people adopt children, some people adopt
pets.....)

Have any of you maintained any packages for a distro before ? What is
the time commitment and workflow for that ?

As I see it, once the current version of the app is packaged, I only
have to watch for updates to the app and any messages about people who
cannot build it on their machines. Is that correct ?