[colug-432] Seeking opinions on my next desktop distro installation

William Yang wyang at gcfn.net
Wed Nov 15 08:51:21 EST 2023

Hey, all-

Any opinions about the best Debian-derived distro for reasonably
uncomplicated desktop use?  I've gotten a little out of touch with
distributions of late.

I'm about to cycle off Ubuntu 20.04 and find myself disinterested in
continuing with the Canonical product (I've had enough with their
conversion to snaps).

Major contenders in my mind seem to be Debian ("go straight to the
horse's mouth") or Mint ("how much do I really want to screw with
it?").  Any other suggestions or thoughts?

     -Bill

--
William Yang
wyang at gcfn.net