[colug-432] Hadoop interest ?

Christopher Stolfi stolfi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:05:13 EST 2010

I think these would be great topics to have meetups around... It might
be worth casting a wider net from Hadoop and Cassandra to any of the
newly mainstream NoSQL solutions.  I have some experience with Hadoop
(love how easy Cloudera makes it),  but am also starting to work with
Membase and MongoDB.

I'm more of an Operations guy, so learning how to make these things
withstand failures is tops on my list....but any good discussion
around it is a win. It'd be nice to see Columbus foster these newer
technologies....we can be webscale too ;-)  (This little cartoon is
very NSFW (language), but is a funny little bit about MySQL vs NoSQL
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6995033/ )

Hope we can get some traction around this!

-s