[colug-432] Publicizing technical events (Re: Hadoop interest ?)

Tyler Wymer twymer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 15:48:16 EST 2010

I don't think a mailing list of these would be as useful as simply
starting a new meetup group to serve as a technical meetings only
subset of the Techlife meetup group.

However in terms of a site, I don't think you'd need a "critical mass"
of members. The majority of technical groups in Columbus have meetup
pages. Their API would allow such a site to pull new meeting info from
these groups to go along with user submitted meetings. This would mean
that on launch with zero users, we would already have a more usable
list of information than we currently have.

Tyler