[colug-432] Publicizing technical events (Re: Hadoop interest ?)

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 16:07:00 EST 2010

I'd definitely sign up for such a thing (technical-meetings-only meetup),
but I suspect it will take some significant marketing/value-added to get a
sizable technical membership (it will no doubt have a huge subset of the
marketing/recruiting/sales/techno-wannabe/techno-hanger-on folks from the
"flagship" techlife columbus group flocking to it).

I didn't realize that meetup has an external API (I mean, it makes sense;
just never thought about it).   Perhaps that's how sadukie does
http://clevelandtechevents.com/ (and it's less popular cousin,
http://columbustechevents.com).

Jeff