[colug-432] July presenter(s) needed

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Jul 6 08:43:41 EDT 2011

We're tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, July 27 at 7 PM at TechColumbus.

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Richard Troth <rmt at casita.net> wrote:
> I'm overdue to make it to a meeting anyway, so if I should also
> present, no problem!

Huzzah!

>        "Extreme Filesystem Sharing"
>        how to share substantial parts of the op sys across virtual machines
>        works on Xen and KVM, also works on z/VM, used to work on VMware
>
>        IPv6 - 4th Dimension Info Superhighway
>        how to do IPv6 on z/VM and on Linux
>        (but I could drop the z/VM parts for a COLUG show)

These two look the most interesting, to my eye. I don't know how many
IBM Z Series users we have on the list, so I worry that that topic may
be a shade too esoteric for the bulk of COLUG's membership. But maybe
I'm wrong, and everyone but me is living it up on mainframes!

An hour for one of these presentations would leave an hour for open
discussion, or a number of quickie-style presentations. Brians' SFTP
script would be a good candidate for the latter. Can we get a couple
more brave souls to step up for 5 or 10 minutes?

Quick presentations need not focus on a completed solution. Asking for
input on half-baked ideas is often as stimulating as a thorough
how-to! :)