[colug-432] Automatically Dialing Out

Thomas W. cranston cranston.thomas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:32:28 EDT 2011

Wondering why DLink DL704 is telling USR MODEM to dialup eventhought I
have pushed the DLinks Hang Up button.

The modem hangs up, but after a while it begins to dialup again.

WAN Type: Dial-up Network (2.56 build 20)
Display time: Wed 12 Oct 2011 09:32:11 AM EST

* Restarted by 192.168.0.100
* DOD:triggered internally
Wed 12 Oct 2011 09:31:52 AM EST COM2 start to dial-up
* COM2: baud=57600
* DIAL2: tx ATE0V1
* DIAL2: rx OK
* DIAL2: tx ATDTxyz0202

I noticed "DOD:triggered internally" Does that mean internal to the
DLink, or my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop. If laptop, Is it being triggered by
Ubuntu, or Eth0 firmware?

The DLink is only connected to laptop eth0 for now. I get the same
behavior if it is connected to desktop computer, or Linksys wireless
router, or any combination of the 3. It does not automatically dialup if
not connected any of the 3.

Tom