[colug-432] Microcenter

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 15:39:56 EST 2012

While I don't have any experience with returning big-ticket electronics,
I've returned (what I felt were) defective consumables-- screen protectors
for an iPad that, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get to be
completely lint- and bubble free and that ended up in a frustration-induced
wad.  They were pricey enough that I wanted to take them back.  I expected
to have to go into histrionics to show just how bad they were and how much
product I've bought from them over the years (ever since they were in the
single-floor store on Lane Avenue) and why I deserved to have my money back
and if they didn't, I'd have the credit card company refuse payment and...

The guy at the returns desk basically looked inside the package to make
sure there was something inside resembling the product (or to make sure
they were truly beyond re-sale?), looked at the receipt, and processed the
credit.

And now they're getting all sorts of good marketing.

I think they came out ahead.