[colug-432] talking to your ISP

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 01:00:39 EST 2012

On Dec 27, 2012, at 23:53 , Dan <dcarruth2 at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Did you stop to think that the slow response may be from a slow or busy server?

I did.  I said as much, right here:

"I know there are a lot of factors that go into a download speed, and that download speed itself isn't everything.  I know that some servers can be overloaded, and that some links can get saturated."

That's why I took numbers from multiple servers in multiple cities, and multiple "speed test" websites.  That's also why I targeted servers locally.  Not just because they were local, but because unlike Chicago, New York, etc a server in Kansas City is probably not on very many national radars for a speed test.  That 3 of 4 unrelated KC servers are all "busy" seems a little odd.