[colug-432] Supported Video CentOS 6

Thomas Cranston thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:52:32 EST 2012

On 2/14/12, jep200404 at columbus.rr.com <jep200404 at columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Uncle Tom,
>

> Maybe redhat.com. Same goes for most documentation about Centos.

Will look there.

>Matrox had the best Linux support,

I have some Matrox cards. Been seperating the good from the bad. Will
look in the keepers box tomorrow. Wondering what kind of hoops I will
have to go thru after changing out cards.

> Which kind of AGP?

Device manager shows nFORCE2 AGP. ASUS shows it being AGP 8X.

> What is the make and model of your motherboard?

ASUS A7N8X-X Bought it new in 2003

> What do you want to the computer with Centos for?
> Main desktop or server?

Desktop dualboot CentOS and 98SE (for AUTOCAD)

Might reinstall with Ubuntu 10.04. I installed CentOS because I
thought the other latest distros were retarded.

It's about midnight now. Probably too late for you. Will disconnect in
about 10 minutes.

Tom