[colug-432] Red Hat in May

Scott McCarty scott.mccarty at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 14:40:14 EDT 2013

So, to expand upon this a bit. OpenStack is basically the movement to start trying to standardize the protocols. Also, check out DeltaCloud (http://deltacloud.apache.org/) which is/was a Red Hat project that got moved to the Apache foundation to essentially build a driver layer into the virtualization layer.

ManageIQ, aka. CloudForms 2.0 is still TBD on how/if it will support DeltaCloud. That said, it does speak vSphere, RHEV, etc. natively.

Best Regards
Scott M