[colug-432] Micro Center has Raspberry PI model A in stock...

Vince Herried Vince at PlanetVince.com
Wed Jun 5 18:02:08 EDT 2013

Just picked up  model B.
Followding 8G SD card Sandisk SDSDB-008G-B35  works.

in December, when I tried to copy the image  to the SD card
dd and dcfldd both would fail at about the same place ( using Fedora 17 on
my laptop )
I ended up using  a very old usb-card  reader adapter from same laptop to
get the job done.
I used
2013-05-25-wheezy-raspbian.img

Today dcfldd worked  fine newer kernel I suppose.

After copying the image to the SD card,  gparted was not happy with the 2nd
partition.
on a guess I fired up fdisk and re-wrote the partition table with no
changes.
eg fdisk /dev/mm...what ever
then to exit fdisk I did a w ( to  write partition tables)

gparted  was then happy and I was able to re-partition the SD card with
gparted on laptop.

With the 2013-05-25 image there was only one small update.