[colug-432] PyOhio PyCamp 2013

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Wed Jun 19 19:30:07 EDT 2013

CoLUG,

This is to (one time) inform you of an event in Columbus of interest to
Linux enthusiasts and to ask for you help in getting the word out about it.

As you know, there is an annual free Python regional conference in
Columbus called PyOhio. It's the first and largest Python regional
conference in the US. This year it takes place Saturday and Sunday, July
27-28:

http://pyohio.org

PyOhio has always had some form of tutorial track. For some time it was
even taught by a CoLUG member. This year that track has been expanded
into an entire week before the conference, Monday through Friday, July
22-26.

PyOhio PyCamp is both a program of and fundraiser for the PyOhio conference.

PyCamp is an ultra-low-cost week-long Python boot camp for beginners. It
takes place in a state of the art classroom in the Ohio Union on the OSU
campus. It uses a curriculum developed by a Python user group that will
be in its 20th release at PyOhio. It teaches by intensive immersion. It
teaches by the pythonic idioms that make Python a unique and dynamic
language. And the early bird registration is still open through the end
of the week:

http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/pyohio13/

I'm hoping that either you will be able to come to PyCamp, or will want
to pass this information along to those who could use it. The PyOhio
conference and PyOhio Pycamp are both sponsored by the OSU Open Source
Club, of which I see some CoLUG members are also members. As I'm sure
you are aware, Python powers the installation processes and package
management of most Linux distributions.

I'm sorry I did not get this information to you earlier.  I had visited
the CoLUG website some time ago, which advertizes this dead link to the
email list:

http://www.colug.net/mailing_list.php

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway http://nccoos.org/Members/cbc
office: 3313 Venable Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530