[colug-432] Insight down load speed.

R S Prigan lordscotus1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 16:31:09 EDT 2013

RCA/Thompson DCM425 (DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, 2.0), Insight supplied
I don't think they have 3.0 service avail yet
20 down, 1 up  -- while the bill still says 10MBit

I've been with Insight since it came into neighborhood, and periodically it
has increased speed.  But now they added "turbo" at extra $$ ... I always
despised the WOW tiered rates and charge for "modem lease."

Insight recently added a monthly "modem lease" fee, and  I was thinking
about getting my own.
and perhaps this is a factor to consider?  Ashiny new 3.0 might get
*slower* speeds ...

But with the TW takeover I plan to wait and see.  who knows, cable and
internet rates will probably soar!

Scott