[colug-432] Insight down load speed.

Judd Montgomery judd at jpilot.org
Sat Mar 23 11:51:43 EDT 2013

On 03/23/2013 11:18 AM, Rick Troth wrote:
> Recently thought I had yet another wiring problem, but no, they
> changed out the cablemodem.  I forget what we had before, but the new
> one is a Motorola "SurfBoard" SBG6580.  This came with four ports (so
> do I need my NetGear router?) and WiFi (which does not appear to work,
> so I still need the NG box).
I had one of those and was told only 3 of those ports should work, the
fourth should not.  That was true in my case.  If you are happy with the
SBG6580 as a firewall you don't need another router or firewall.

I'd keep calling them.  In the past they have been pretty good at coming
out to my house and installing amplifiers, fixing the wiring at the
pole, the amplifier down the road, etc.  After they installed a larger
RG-7 cable from the pole to my house 5+ years ago my connection has been
great.  Before that I was pretty upset with them.