[colug-432] Insight, TW, WOW, VoIP

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Mon May 6 14:41:00 EDT 2013

i have used wow before for a static ip and i'll be switching back to them shortly.  it used to be $10/mo, now i think that it is $6/mo.

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)

>>> "Mark Aufdencamp" <mark at aufdencamp.com> 5/6/2013 2:19 PM >>>
The recent acquisition of Insight by TW has nearly doubled by
cable/internet/voice bill.  Past atrocious service by AT&T, leaves me
with the sole option of WOW.  Fortunately, it's available in my
neighborhood.

WOW consumer internet rates look really reasonable and I can get away
with a consumer grade internet but would prefer a static IP.   Can
anyone ballpark WOW static IP address availability/rates ?

I'm also considering a Virtual PBX solution with a SIP phone rather than
a voice circuit from WOW.

Soliciting input on VoIP/SIP experiences, Virtual PBX providers, and SIP
handsets!

TIA

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark at Aufdencamp.com