[colug-432] Older Sun SPARC Hardware

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:43:02 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:
> We may just have to accept that nobody wants a 15-year-old Sun.  :-)

Except for the "baby duckling effect", is any of the the stuff that's too
old to run Solaris 10 still desirable to keep around and keep powered on?

I have a pile of Sun gear, too, but I rarely fire it up any more.  Mostly, I
just want to upgrade the disks or max out memory in a couple of boxes
that have some historical significance to me.

I do not wish to get rid of my old SPARCstation 1, for example, even
though it's way to old and slow to use for "serious work".  Likewise,
just because it's historically interesting, I still have a Sun 3/60.  Late
90s stuff, though, not so much.

-ethan