[colug-432] Recommendations for inexpensive and secure cloud storage?

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:29:46 EDT 2014

1) What is the quantity of data that you'll actually want to protect (is it
actually 4TB?)?
2) How often/much does the to-be-protected data change?
3) What sort of access (frequency, amount, platform) do you need to the
to-be-protected data?
4) What threats do you want to protect it against? and
5) How fast do you need to recover if said threat should materialize?

I use everything from hardcopy to flash drives to phones/pictures to google
docs to backuppc/timemachine to jungle disk to crash plan to tapes to
mirrored/removed-to-offsite hard-drives (and CDs/DVDs): different data gets
handled differently.

Jeff