[colug-432] Comcast and connectivity alternatives

Mark Geary geary at acm.org
Thu Feb 13 22:06:59 EST 2014

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:20:50 -0500, Angelo McComis <angelo at mccomis.com> wrote:

> http://www.cablemover.com/   Type in your address only (not email!), and it
> will search and scan and tell you what is available in your area.  This

I'd be careful with those results. It told me that TWC was my only choice, but wowway.com says that WoW is also an option for me. And I can see their box on the pole across the street from me.

> That said, most areas around here (there are some pockets of exceptions),
> the choice (singular) is TWC.

I have no details, but I was under the impression that Ameritech had built out their cable system (now owned by WoW) pretty extensively in central Ohio.

It's my understanding that this is a significant factor in why I have had relatively few complaints about TWC's internet service over the last 17 years.

Mark Geary