[colug-432] CMH TW providing residential ipv6

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jun 23 15:58:21 EDT 2014

when one switches to a third party (Motorola 6121) cable modem
[1].  I bought mine through NewEgg, moved the coax cable to
the new unit, called TW TS and gave them the new MAC address,
rebooted, and that's about it

in this block:
	2605:a000:110f:807e:xxxx:xxx:xxxx:xxxx

I will be experimenting, but it appears that my Apple Airport
Extreme also knows how to act as an IPv6 router for the
upstream, and to hand out assignments in the correct ipv6
delegated fashion, as well as the regular ipv4 DHCP

I failed to note the netblock delegation size, and will be
experimenting -- persistence also comes to mind.  There are
some RFC's as to privacy and ipv6 out there as well

-- Russ herrold

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122015