[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 20:03:15 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM, tom <thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm. Linux Mint Debian does http://imagebin.org/299394

Well, that's because you chose to partition manually.  There first
line says it.

If you don't want to partition it yourself, you definitely do not have
to.  I've put Mint on loads of computers without doing the
partitioning myself.  In fact, that's why it was Mint.  Because I
didn't have to do stuff by hand, like go get their codecs or whatever.
 I could give it to a (former?) Windows user and say "Everything will
be okay.  I promise!"  (=

Since then, Ubuntu and I have parted ways.  I feel it's gotten to be
just as fiddly as Windows but that's another topic.

--
-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft =-