[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

Dan Kaiser dank2878 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:52:21 EDT 2014

> Personally, I'm a big fan of Crunchbang (also Debian, painless
> install).

I'll second the Crunchbang recommendation.  That's my primary distro
currently, and I have separate / and /home partitions on my main drive.  I
did have to edit my fstab, but that was to get a second HDD to mount
automatically.  The partitions on the primary drive were set-up
automatically without any manual intervention.

BTW, if you run into issues with the #! install ISO not working correctly
(I've had that happen with two different machines) there is a script out
there that will take a fresh base install of Debian and turn it into #!.
 It's located on the #! forums, but was sort of a pain to locate the last
time I needed it.  If you run into that issue let me know and I'll send you
the direct link.

-Dan

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit." - Aristotle