[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Sat Mar 15 10:30:44 EDT 2014

tom <thomas.w.cranston at gmail.com> wrote:
>And yes I do require a /tmp with size specified by me. /tmp is not big
>enough on default install to meet my needs.

I don't know what Debian's default is these days, but I generally recommend a big swap combined with /tmp on tmpfs (which uses virtual memory for the filesystem), rather than using a disk partition for /tmp. Also set up a big /var (possibly part of a bigger filesystem) and remember that /var/tmp exists.

>I do not want to. It is required by the Linux Mint Debian Installer,
>again see http://imagebin.org/299394

I see no reason to expect the Linux Mint Debian installer to be similar to the standard Debian installer.