[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:52:07 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Rob Funk <rfunk at funknet.net> wrote:
> I see no reason to expect the Linux Mint Debian installer to be similar
to the standard Debian installer.

Yeah, you are right.  I was confused because Debian has an easy install,
The Linux Mint Ubuntu-variant has an easy install.  It seemed to follow
that Linux Mint Debian would have an easy install.

But I've poked around a bit and it seems that they may be trying to ward
off novice users.  LMDE is based on Debian Testing which, of course, is a
more turbulent ride than regular Debian.

"

*Cons:LMDE requires a deeper knowledge and experience with Linux, dpkg and
APT.Debian is a less user-friendly/desktop-ready base than Ubuntu. Expect
some rough edges.*"

~ [  http://www.linuxmint.com/download_lmde.php  ]

--
-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft =-