[colug-432] ISP Recommendation

Stephen P. Molnar s.molnar at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 10:36:07 EST 2015

A tale of wor!

I have been with AT&T as an ISP since 2003, 10 years with DSL and 3 years
with Uverse.  Each year has required a new router.

I lost service early Wednesday evening and immediatly called what they
non-laughingly call "Tech Service".  I have to admit that, once the
responder understood why I was calling she quickly determined that the
problem was the modem, not the service line.  ("Tech Service" is located in
India and every time that I have called there seems to be a communications
problem.  As Winston Churchill proportidly observed "Two great peoples,
seuparated by a common language".  There also seems mto be a marked
inability to deviate from a script.)

it is now Friday (sending this from the Grandviewew Library) and I am still
without service.  The person in India told me 1 to 2 business days.
Unfortunately the web update tells me that nothing ubtil the 17th
(tommorrow).  Further, the cost keeps increasing and the service decreasing.

Although there are four AT&T customer outlets here in central Ohio, it is
"against Policy" for a customer to walk in with a defective modem and obtian
a replacement.  Rather, some one in India has to contact UPS in this country
for delivery.

Enough complaining!

I have decided to look for another ISP.  I don't want telephone service, nor
cable TV - just iinternet connectivity!

I would appreciate recommendations!

Thanks in advance.

Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                                    Life is a fuzzy
set

Foundation for Chemistry                                   Stochastic and
multivariate

www.FoundationForChemistry.com

(614)312-7528 (c)

Skype:  smolnar1