[colug-432] new ubuntu user question

Susan Sommerfeld spsommerfeld at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:51:09 EST 2015

Hi!
I am a fairly new ubuntu user..not by my choice, it was installed on my
laptop by my ex. I do like it though and would like to keep using it. But
now I am dealing with having to upgrade several programs..things are
starting to act squirrelly here...my mozilla version is very out of date
and adobe just leaves a blank gray space where the video should be.

I have ubuntu 12.10 now. I'm guessing that is why the package manager
doesn't show any newer versions of mozilla or adobe..it claims I am up to
date. So I tried to upgrade my ubuntu with the software updater and got an
error message. (I didn't write it down but I'm sure I could get it again
because this computer really really does not want to upgrade)

I am looking for someone to hire to help me understand how to use this
system. I am not completely incapable, but this is a bit over my head. I've
figured out as much as I could with the help documentation. Googling my
questions just gives me bunches of code..sigh. I could use help with
backups..the best method..and with this upgrade.

Is there someone out there who is willing to help me? Please... A bit of
time with someone would help me much more than the hours I have spent
trying to follow directions that I struggle with. Thanks so much!!

Susan