[colug-432] Systemd tutorial

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Mon Mar 7 22:28:06 EST 2016

Sorry, missed replying to this

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Tom Hanlon wrote:

> So am I to understand that /etc/init.d/service stop, start, status are going away?

Yes, for Red Hat distros and derivatives, they are on the way out.  In RHEL 7 they are either linked to the equivalent systemctl command,
or will give you a (hopefully) appropriate warning message.  I'm not sure of the logic (if there is any) behind which are linked and which
give warnings....

On the other hand...it's not beyond comprehension that RHT reverses course because of some other development.  Watch Fedora.