[colug-432] Raspberry Pi help needed

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Sat Jan 21 22:38:35 EST 2017

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 21:48:01 -0500, Bill Baker <bill_chris at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I bought a PowerSpec Raspberry Pi ThinLinX tonight from Micro Center.

> After booting, I realized that it was just a thin client.
> I want a full operating system on it.

Looking at a description for something[1] very similar
if not exactly what you have, I notice something.
Pay attention to its last sentence.

    Zero client featuring Citrix Receiver for LInux and
    a fully licensed ThinLinX TLXOS RPi OS on 8GB microSD.
    Purpose-built for performance with speeds up to
    60fps at 1080p (H.264) and up to 30fps at 1080p (Thinwire+).
    Device also offers flexibility through download and conversion to Raspbian.

If you have the bandwidth, go ahead and try to download and
convert to Raspbian, which is a Linux desktop.

[1] Raspberry_Pi_3_Powered_Citrix_ThinLinX_Thin_Client__PRE-ORDER
    PowerSpec Fully Assembled Raspberry Pi 3 Starter Kit
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/462684/