[colug-432] Raspberry Pi help needed

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Sun Jan 22 16:03:55 EST 2017

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:48:01 PM EST, Bill Baker wrote:
> I bought a PowerSpec Raspberry Pi ThinLinX tonight from Micro Center.  I
> was attracted by the fact that it was $50 for everything I wanted (or so
> I thought) down from its normal price of $80.  I got it home and tried
> to boot it up.  After booting, I realized that it was just a thin
> client.

Yeah, the ThinkLinX site says it's a thin client OS...

>  I want a full operating system on it.  I tried opening it up to
> get the MicroSD card out, but I can't seem to do that without breaking
> it.  Is there any way that anyone knows of to just load Raspbian on
> this?  Or should I just take it back to Micro Center and get myself a
> normal Raspberry Pi?

The reviews of that product on the website include one describing how to
open the case, and one describing how to access the sd card without opening
the case.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/462684/Fully_Assembled_Raspberry_Pi_3_Starter_Kit

Once you can get to the sd card you can put whatever OS you want on there.